UKJobsDB,com - Today’s job recruitment is very competitive, that is why you need to work wisely and it is not a hard thing to do. UKJobsDB,com will give you opportunity to do it so you would be able to make the right decision in better strategy to get quick and better result. That way you will get better prospect and safer live in the future. Southbank Centre is one of the companies that you can trust to give you and your family suitable and better live in the future. Joining this company will make you able to reach your goal easier and make your dream come true.
To make the company vision and mission comes true; Southbank Centre is open for new position as Retail Assistant (Fixed Term until April 2018) in London SE1 start from March 2018. Everyone who’s interested in filling this vacant, please participate in this Retail Assistant (Fixed Term until April 2018) March 2018 recruitment in London SE1. It is advised for all participants to prepare all necessary requirements for this job recruitment procedure, as the process will need you to give suitable specification that the company wants for this position. If you feel that you are the one that can fill the specification, you can try to read further information on Retail Assistant (Fixed Term until April 2018) March 2018 in London SE1 below.
Southbank Centre is a place that unites people through the exchange of ideas, the power of creativity and the imagination and through freedom of expression. We passionately believe in the power of art, ideas and creativity to inspire, educate and effect change. Our employees are at the centre of delivering our mission, which is ‘to create a permanent sense of festival where the world meets to celebrate the power of the imagination’.
We are looking for two experienced Retail Assistants, who enjoy working as part of a productive team and is passionate about providing consistently exceptional customer service to join our Retail team. Our Retail Assistants provide a welcoming and efficient service to the public, artists, contractors, consultants and promoters using the Southbank Centre.
With excellent interpersonal and communication skills, the ideal candidate will be able to: work well and communicate with a wide range of people; deal with enquiries from and provide assistance to the Southbank Centre shop's diverse range of customers and be confident in their ability to maximise potential sales and identify opportunities to increase sales.
You will have demonstrable experience in a retail sales background, good numeracy skills and be confident with cash handling and debit/credit card transactions. With a flexible approach to work, you will be confident in your ability to use your initiative in difficult situations. Finally, you will have an empathy with Southbank Centre's mission to make the arts available to all, and be ready to utilise your existing retail skills and experience to provide all of Southbank Centre visitors an exceptional level of customer service. The successful candidate is required to start in this position on 5 March 2018. We present work for everyone and we welcome applications from everyone.
By attracting people to work for us from a broad range of backgrounds with diverse attitudes, opinions and beliefs we can continue to look at the world with fresh eyes and find new ways of doing things. Contract: Full time, fixed term until the end of April 2018 Closing date for applications: 23:45, 14 February 2018 Interviews: 23 Feburary 2018 Please note:
due to the large amount of interest in and applications received for Retail Assistant roles, applications for this vacancy will be capped at 80. We advise interested candidates to apply for the position promptly. We reserve the right to close the advert early if enough applications are received. Southbank Centre
Southbank Centre is a world-famous, multi-venue arts centre in London, with a dynamic year-round artistic programme and an inclusive ethos. The UK’s largest arts centre, Southbank Centre was founded with the Festival of Britain in 1951. It’s a place where people experience world-class art, music and culture that stimulates, inspires, educates and amazes. Our festival programme encompasses classical and contemporary music, art, theatre literature, dance and debate. It reaches 6.25 million people a year, and encompasses over 5,000 events featuring world-class artists from across the globe. Southbank Centre sits in London’s most vibrant cultural quarter (and Europe’s largest arts campus) on the southern bank of the Thames.
The site is home to the much loved Royal Festival Hall, Queen Elizabeth Hall, Purcell Room, Hayward Gallery, National Poetry Library, and Arts Council Collection of visual art, as well as all the indoor and outdoor performance, cafe and retail spaces in between. The Royal Festival Hall is a 2,900 seat venue and is home to 4 resident orchestras. It hosts contemporary music events as well as dance, performance and talks. The Hayward Gallery is one of the world’s leading contemporary art galleries and has played a crucial role in presenting work by some of the world’s most significant artists. Southbank Centre is proud to be the UK’s only permanent festival site.
Our festivals are based on a range of themes and subjects and celebrate the diverse experiences of people and cultures. We present as many free activities as possible alongside our ticketed events, and provide a unique educational offer to thousands of schools, young people and adults to immerse themselves in imaginative creative learning programmes all year round. Our Values
- Culturally active - We believe in the power of art, ideas and creativity to inspire, educate and effect change. We’re not afraid to look at the world with fresh eyes, give people a voice and find new ways of doing things.
- Creatively challenging - We bring rigour and passion to our quest for outstanding artists, ideas and experiences.
- Playful - We believe in being bold, unexpected and fun.
- Entrepreneurial - We believe that commercial entrepreneurship can live happily beside the demanding requirements of art making to the profit of both.
- Celebratory - We celebrate humanity in a way that is both delightful and profound through harnessing the power of learning and a sense of shared congregation.
In co-operation with all other Southbank Centre staff, to provide a welcoming and efficient service to the public, artists, contractors, consultants and promoters using the Southbank Centre Main Responsibilities
Person Specification We are looking for someone who:
- Serving customers in the shop at a designated Till Point, handling cash and credit/debit card transactions.
- Answering customer enquiries in person and over the telephone, assisting customers to find appropriate books, catalogues and/or merchandise in stock, and taking online order requests.
- Providing an outstanding customer and retail experience for every customer, by providing information about the shop, our products, the Southbank Centre and its programme.
- Cashing-up the tills in the evening.
- Ensuring the retail outlets and displays are kept clean and tidy, and that all storage areas are kept accessible to colleagues, and that any problems are drawn to the attention of the Senior Retail Assistants, Retail Operations Manager and Head of Retail and Buying.
- Recommending stock items for re-order, and in consultation with the Senior Retail Assistants, Retail Operations Manager and Stock Controller, recommend new items for stock.
- Replenishing the catalogue stock or the general stock within the retail outlets on a daily basis and displaying new stock items, as required.
- Ensure stock losses are minimal by maintaining a high level of awareness and alertness.
- Report all thefts and potential thefts to the attention of the Senior Retail Assistants and Retail Operations Manager
- Assisting with the unpacking of deliveries as required, checking these against the invoices and drawing discrepancies to the attention of the Senior Retail Assistants, Shops Manager or Stock Controller, and bar coding stock items as required.
- Moving boxes to or from the loading bay/caged store off the loading bay and to or from the shop by means of correct manual handling procedures as requested by the Senior Retail Assistants or Shops Manager
- Assisting with regular stocktaking procedures as directed by the Senior Retail Assistants or Retail Operations Manager.
- Any other duties reasonably requested by the Senior Retail Assistants, Retail Operations Manager and Head of Retail and Buying.
Desirable skills and experience
- Has experience in a retail sales background;
- Is able to provide exceptional customer service;
- Is able to maximise potential sales and look at opportunities to increase sales;
- Has good numeracy skills and is confident with both cash handling and credit/debit card transactions;
- Has excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Is able to deal with enquiries from and provide assistance to members of the public;
- Has a flexible approach to work;
- Enjoys working as part of a team;
- Is able to use initiative in difficult situations;
- Has an empathy with the Southbank Centre’s mission;
- Is able to demonstrate an understanding of and commitment to the role that diversity and inclusion play in the activities of the Southbank Centre as a whole and in the work of this particular job.
The Southbank Centre Way
- An interest in the arts
- A working knowledge of a second language
The Southbank Centre Way is a framework that sets out how we want our people to work together, enjoying what we do. It describes the qualities that drive our ability to inspire, provoke and transform lives and illustrates behaviours that make Southbank Centre a warm and welcoming destination in which to work, perform or visit. The language that forms the Southbank Centre Way comes from the people who work here. We have captured their words to help everyone we work with understand us. We believe it is vital for our staff to display these qualities and behaviours for us to be the world class organisation we aspire to be and we will be looking for these attributes as part of our selection process for this role.
As one of the leading company in United Kingdom, Southbank Centre opens a variety of opportunities for employees to grow and make them as future leaders of the professional and disciplined. Southbank Centre also offers a dynamic work environment in order to encourage employees to contribute optimally, and at the same time is able to learn new skills and knowledge through the company program.
If you are interested and qualified to follow the job recruitment, you have to prepare yourself and send your application letter immediately. Only candidates who meet the criteria for Retail Assistant (Fixed Term until April 2018) in London SE1, London SE1 who will be called to attend interview. If you still do not satisfy with our job recruitment information above, you can try to read other job recruitment information that we provide in our website which still located in London SE1 region from any other company. You can also try to find other job recruitment information for Retail Assistant (Fixed Term until April 2018) di London SE1 below.